The Fresh & Local Loan Program is designed to assist smaller, non-traditional producers who produce protein, vegetables, or other agricultural products and sell directly to local consumers.
$25,000 maximum loan amount per borrower/entity.
Producers selling directly to consumers. Protein, produce or products must come directly from an agricultural product the producer raises, or grows. Business plans must detail the product that is sold to consumers. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Honey from personal bee hives
- Soap from personal goats
- Jams/jellies from personal berries or orchard
- Produce from personal garden/farm
Available for real estate purchases, improvements, specialty equipment, small tractors, plants, annual operating costs, small buildings, etc.
- Little or no collateral required (terms and business plan will dictate)
- Relaxed credit standards
- Little or no down payment, on a case-by-case basis
- 1-3 year loan terms (longer terms as appropriate)
- All regular loan payment and collection requirements apply