Farm Credit is committed to helping the next generation of farmers with a specific program dedicated to the needs of young and beginning farmers.
- Young farmers = anyone age 35, or younger, at the time of loan request
- Beginning farmers = anyone who has never farmed or has been involved in farming 10 years, or less, at the time of loan request
Borrowers may qualify for one, or more, of these program features based on individual business plan and credit factors.
- Modified credit standard for cash flow or repayment equity.
- A discount or adjustment in interest rates.
- Modified collateral standards for operating loans.
- Payment of loan guarantee fees, if required.
- First-time real estate or buyer credit.
- Financial and farm management education and training requirements, if advised by loan officer or Farm Credit.