Farm Credit is committed to helping the next generation of farmers with a specific program dedicated to the needs of young and beginning farmers.
- Young farmers = anyone age 35, or less, at the time of loan request
- Beginning farmers = anyone who has never farmed or has been involved in farming 10 years, or less, at the time of loan request
Farm Credit's Young and/or Beginning Farmer Program features:
- Modified credit standard for cash flow or repayment equity.
- A discount or adjustment in interest rates.
- Modified collateral standards for operating and IT loans.
- Payment of loan guarantee fees if involved or required.
- First-time real estate or buyer credit.
- Financial and farm management education and training requirements if advised by loan officer or Farm Credit.
CLICK ON THIS PDF TO SEE THE ENTIRE Young, Beginning Farmer Program BROCHURE:
Young and Beginning Farmer Program.pdf
Read a YOUNG & BEGINNING FARMER success story in western Arkansas!
Brian and Elizabeth Walker YOUNG BEGINNING FARMERS.pdf